Thursday, September 22, 2016

Mary Berry QUITS Bake Off after 7 years announcing it was ''a privilege and honour''


Mary Berry has quit The Great British Bake Off.

The 81-year-old star announced she is to leave GBBO ahead of the popular cooking show's controversial move to Channel 4.

"What a privilege and honour it has been to be part of 7 years of magic in a tent - The Great British Bake Off. The Bake Off family - Paul, Mel and Sue have given me so much joy and laughter," she said in a statement.

Mary continued: "My decision to stay with the BBC is out of loyalty to them, as they have nurtured me, and the show, that was a unique and brilliant format from day one. I am just sad for the audience who may not be ready for change, I hope they understand my decision.
"I wish the programme, crew and future bakers every possible success and I am so very sad not to be a part of it.

She added: "Farewell to soggy bottoms."

No comments: