Thursday, September 22, 2016

Dwarf Couple marry in a Fairytale Wedding






Awww...so sweet...Dwarf couple Laura Whitfield, 26, and Nathan Phillips, 37, from Sunderland (left) who met while performing in Snow White have married in a fairy tale ceremony, with their son Nathan Junior (below) as pageboy. 

The couple exchanged their vows in front of 50 family and friends  at a lavish ceremony that Laura says proves how confident they both feel within themselves.

Bride Laura followed her son down the aisle in a £800 designer dress which trailed behind her as she reached the front of the church - where Nathan waited in his suit.



After finding out that Nathan had been planning to pop the question, Laura decided to propose herself.

Laura, who has appeared in films such as the Harry Potter series, said: 'I knew that Nathan was going to propose to me - he had even went to my dad to ask for his permission.
'I was just so worried because when I am nervous I can't help but laugh, but the last thing I wanted was for Nathan to propose and for me to just laugh in his face - I didn't want to ruin the moment.

'I also know what he is like - it would have taken him ages to man up and just get the job done.

'I just took matters into my own hands. 
'He was so surprised but it was so unique and lovely - it's nice to do something a bit different.'

It was only a month after the proposal that the actress found out that she was pregnant - which was an extremely difficult time for the pair.

Laura said: 'At first I was advised to consider abortion by the doctors because I was having a few health complications with my pregnancy, however I was determined to see how far we could make it with little Nathan and we both fell in love with him at the first scan.
'It is touch and go when he was born because they did not think he would survive more than a coupe of hours after birth because of his double dwarfism, but he was a little fighter and now he is practically fine.

'Doctors said that although little Nathan may have a few extra GP appointments compared to other children, there is no reason that he should not have a life like any other kid his age.
'The same goes for myself and big Nathan - I suffered a bit of bullying at school because of my condition, but I soon learned how to stick up for myself and people sharp stopped bothering me.

'I know that people doubt us because we are little, but we are just like everyone else - the only thing that is different is our height.

'The wedding was a great platform to show everyone how confident we both are within ourselves - and we had the best day of our lives.'


 

No comments: